Greetings from Hong Kong! I have been here since 22 February and will be here until April 17 doing field work for my PhD on Cantonese-speaking Christians, their conceptions of civil society, and their concrete networks and political practices.
During this time, I will be interested in any leads on the following:
- How various churches and denominational bodies see their role in civil society
- Christian involvement (both Protestant and Catholic) in the Chief Executive elections
- Christian activism around “moral” issues, such as homosexuality and gambling
- Christian work in poverty, both in areas of charity and social justice
- Christians in post-80s movements
- Christian discourse around democracy
- Christian activism for and against the right to abode for migrant workers and China mothers
- Christian work in education
I am interested in speaking with pastors, Christian organization leaders, and politicians. I am also interested in gathering focus groups from the Christian laity. If you would like to speak with me, or know of any people with whom I should speak, please contact me at email@example.com.