Since mid-April, I have been conducting research on Cantonese evangelicals, their conceptions of civil society, and their social and political engagement in Metro Vancouver. I hope to wrap up this first round of research by 2 June. I plan to be flying to San Francisco on 3 June and returning mid-July.
A few things that are especially on my mind as I conduct this Vancouver field work over the next few weeks:
- The upcoming Canadian federal election (2 May)
- The recent Edgewater Casino hearings
- Print and video media reports on Chinese Christians
- Chinese Christian youth/young adult ministries and revival networks
- Relationships between Christian parachurch organizations/networks and churches
- Anything else about Cantonese evangelicals in Vancouver being socially and politically engaged (or not–and why not?)
As I’ve said previously, much of this project depends on semi-structured interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field work, and texutal/media analysis. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com for more information!