Call for Papers | AAR 2013: Asian North American Religions, Cultures, and Society Group
The Group invites and welcomes individual papers, panel proposals, and nontraditional ways of sharing scholarly work that address:
- Issues of empire, militarization, after-war trauma and memory;
- Creative resistance practices;
- Asian American Catholic life and Baltimore as the bastion of American Catholic life;
- Asian American religious life in the greater Baltimore-DC metropolitan area;
- Multiracial/Interracial bodies and theologies;
- Exploring categories of “North” or “Asian” in Asian North American religion, culture, and society;
- Intersections with Native American and indigenous critiques of settler colonialism; and
- Any other critical aspect of Asian North American religion/s, culture, and society.
In addition to paper and panel submissions, we encourage the submission of nontraditional ways of sharing scholarly work and welcome a variety of formats to promote interactive sessions. Submissions are made directly to AAR.